Walker Area Community Foundation Office
611 8th Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
- Via Old 78 (west)/Hwy.118 from Industrial Parkway/Walker Baptist Hospital Area
- Stay on Old 78/Hwy. 118 for approx. 3 miles past all of the strip malls and Walmart, Home Depot, Walgreens, CVS, Jasper Mall, Fred’s, Checker’s.
- Just past the Kentucky Fried Chicken, exit right (up the ramp) onto AL 5/195 North (Nauvoo/Double Springs)
- At the top of the ramp turn left (South)
- Go past Son’s Supermarket and First Bank of Jasper
- Go to the first 4-way stop (9th Avenue & 6th Street). You will see the Bankhead House & Heritage Center on your left.
- For the BHHC, turn left at the 4-way stop onto 6th - go 1⁄2 block and turn right into the parking lot.
- For the WACF office, turn left at the 4-way stop onto 6th Street then turn right onto 8th Avenue and turn left into the parking lot.
From Birmingham: I-22/Corridor “X”
- Take I65 North toward Huntsville.
- Merge onto I22/US 78 W, following the signs toward Memphis. Go 34 miles.
- Take the AL 269 Exit # 63 toward Jasper/Parrish.
- Merge onto AL 269 toward Jasper, to the right. Go 1.5 miles.
- AL 269 becomes 8th Ave West/AL 69 at the traffic light at Posey’s Store. Continue going straight for .25 miles.
- Turn right at the next traffic light onto 18th Street West.
- Do not go over the overpass, turn left immediately onto 9th Avenue. Go .75 miles and turn right onto 7th Street West.
- The Bankhead House is on the left – 800 7th Street West.
If you are going to the Walker Area Community Foundation Office, 611 8th Avenue, go past the Bankhead House and the WACF Office is on the left at the corner of 7th Street W and 8th Avenue.